Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Kitty Version I'd Love to See...


Been busy the past six months dealing with life's usual surprises, unsure at times whether I'd manage to stay afloat amidst an unending stream of bizarre dramas. Nevertheless, I did keep my head up with lots of help from good friends, family and some good things. One of those things (that also include some good people) is Aikido -- that Steven-Seagal-martial-art-thingie that no one can really describe in one sentence. Unfortunately, neither Genyo or Gotochi have taken advantage of this "peaceful warrior" theme and quite frankly, I think Kitty is the perfect spokes... err... thing for Aikido. She's gentle, grounded, calm and aware amidst chaos. Her uncanny sense of "kawaii" is her powerful connection to ki.

Even though there is no O Sensei Kitty, Hombu Dojo Kitty or even an Iwama Kitty, I thought I could sneak in a few Aikido-related regional/limited Kitty versions over the next few posts. This way I can pay hommage to the two things that have made me laugh and kept me dancing circles through the fire (Kitties and Aikido respectively). In the meantime perhaps Gotochi might take on the challenge of Aikido Kitty mascots!


Here are just a few of the regional/limited Kitties that pay hommage to warriors, peaceful, not-so-peaceful, historical and mythological. All of them share a role as a source of teachings for many of the Japanese martial arts. Backrow (left to right): a ninja, a shinsengumi, Shingen Takeda, Sakamoto Ryoma and Saigo Takamori. Front row: Mushashi, "author" of the Five Rings


Next Post: Cute and Cutting - Musashi Kitty

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home